I made this recipe for an impromptu get together at home. Super easy to make, this impromptu appetizer is the right combination of tart and crisp. Nothing beats a fresh batch of salsa with party cups. If you’re looking for a fresh salsa recipe with lots of flavor, this one is an excellent choice. The salsa is made with fresh tomatoes and peppers, and it is seasoned perfectly with cilantro and lime juice. Besides finding firm ripe tomatoes and seeding them, the key to this salsa is adding plenty of lime juice and salt, and not skimping on the chilies.
- 1 ½ cups finely diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 small fresh jalapeno (stems, ribs, seeds removed)/ substitute with green chillies in jalapeno is unavailable
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- Pinch of dried oregano (crumble in your fingers before adding), more to taste
- Pinch of ground cumin, more to taste
- Salt to taste
- 15-20 store bought party cups
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season to taste with additional chili, cumin, lime juice, and salt
- Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- Arrange the party cups in serving plates and spoon in chilled salsa in each of the cups
- This salsa keeps in the refrigerator for up to two days. Before you serve it, stir it well and drain any excess liquid that has accumulated in the bowl.