The Asian Box Resto Bar is another addition to the buzzing food scene in Baner, Pune. Check out my recommendations here…1.The Thai Lettuce Wraps : This DIY dish is fun to put together and a crowd pleaser. Though the one served was a tofu mince…you really won’t be able to tell that it was tofu. A nice hit of basil and chillies that complement the crisp iceberg lettuce. A refreshing dish for those afternoon lunches
2. The Cheese Lumpia : This Filipino snack made with cheese wrapped in spring roll wrappers and deep fried to golden brown goodness is another dish pretty well done at The Asian Box Resto Bar in Baner. The gooey cheese filing vows to wow..
3. The Spinach Prawn Rolls : Juicy, spicy and extremely appetizing, this prawn roll is an healthy combination of prawns wrapped in spinach and steamed, it works well with the not so over powering black bean sauce
4. The Khao Suey: This one is a Must Try, Must Have here…A hearty burmese coconut curry along with noodles and condiments. A whole meal in itself…This dish is one of the most popular dishes here…and well as per the BaconBaba it is the best in Pune. So go ahead and try this one, goes perfectly with the weather too
5. The Black Pepper Claypot Rice: Well cooked rice with a flavorful black pepper sauce, well-seasoned shitake and button mushrooms and a hint of spring onions. A one pot soul food..warm, hearty and soothing
Though these are my top 5 recommendations here. The Asian Box, Baner also has a live sushi bar and serve some kick ass dimsums.
The Kung Pao Chicken and The Singapore Chilli Prawns failed to meet my expectations with their overtly sweet tones.
The Pandan Panacotta here is an impressive dessert though
I went there on a dry day L, hence my go to drink was an Orange Basil Mojito
- A family place
- Perfect if you want to try out variants Asian food
- Go for their Sunday Brunch- priced at Rs. 799 plus taxes (unlimited mocktails, soup, salads. Starters, main course and desserts) and Rs. 1299 plus tax (that includes unlimited beers, wines, sangria along with asian cocoktails and the soup, salads. Starters, main course and desserts)
- Otherwise a meal for two will cost you approx.Rs. 1000 + Tax
Read a detailed version at Maanas Shah’s Blog here