So the husband had a field day eating what he wants…when the wifey was on the vacation… And now that the wifey is back, we are back to salad jars for lunch…You can play around with the ingredients in this salad as you choose, just use your imagination and try to keep the ingredients complementary in flavour. I like to balance my salad ingredients to add colour and a diversity of textures, but I often change the ingredients as my mood changes, or depending on what I have on hand in my refrigerator.
This salad is my kind of meal! Hearty black bengal gram, mixed with cilantro, veggies, and a flavourful cumin-lime dressing.
This is my eleventh salad in the#husbandkadabba series
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup cucumber cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup boiled bengal gram (kala chana), keep aside about 1/4th cup of water in which the kala chana was boiled
- 1/4 cup boiled potato cut in chunks
- 1 large tomato diced
- A handful of sliced black grapes
For the dressing:
To make the dressing for this salad, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and adjust salt to your taste:
- 1/4 cup of water in which the kala chana was boiled
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 green chilli
- Salt to taste
To transfer all the prepped ingredients into the jar, first pour in the dressing and let it settle at the bottom of the jar. Now layer with cucumber, bengal gram, boiled potatoes, tomato and black grapes.