This pasta salad is super easy to throw together and is surprisingly filling! I was also really happy with how creamy and delicious it turned out…A smoky garlicky flavour packs a punch in this salad…enjoy it with warm bread if you want or have it just like that…I am sure you will fall in love with these flavours just like I did…
- 1 small head garlic
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups boiled pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet corn
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Black olives to garnish
- Using a sharp knife, cut approximately ½ inch off the top of the head of garlic. Place the garlic bulb in a small bowl or dish and drizzle ½ tablespoon of olive oil over the exposed cloves. Cover the bowl with an inverted plate. Microwave on high, in one minute increments, until the garlic is soft and fragrant. Allow the garlic to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add the pasta, and cook for 7-10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, squeeze the garlic cloves from the head and mince well. Add the minced garlic to a medium bowl along with the ricotta cheese, freshly cracked pepper, and about ½ tsp of salt. Add the 1/4 cup of hot, starchy pasta cooking water. Stir until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Drain the pasta. Add the fresh baby spinach and pour the ricotta sauce over top. Slice the cherry tomatoes and add them to the pot as well. Add the boiled sweet corn. Stir until everything is well mixed. Add in the parmesan cheese and stir again. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with olives
- Serve warm!