So today morning was a rush rush kind of morning, the alarm refused to ring and by the time I got myself out of bed there was hardly any time left to think of an elaborate salad dabba. So i dug into my refrigerator and found some leftover boiled chickpeas and boiled potatoes. So here is my recipe of a super easy and super fast chickpea and potato salad..
This recipe also has one of my mom’s super masala, we call it Jeera Lanka Gundo in oriya. It is made up of 3 parts dry roasted red chillis and 1 part roasted cumin and then coarsely powdered with a mortar and pestle.
This is my ninth salad in the#husbandkadabba series
For the salad
- 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
- Medium sized red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red and yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup boiled potatoes, cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 tomato quartered
For the dressing:
Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust the salt to your taste and set aside until ready to use.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tsp Mommy’s Jeera Lanka Gundo
- Salt to taste
After you have prepped all the ingredients, tip in the dressing into the jar first and then keep adding the other salad ingredients in this order. First add the chickpeas, followed by red onion, bell peppers, potato and then tomatoes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.