This perfect Couscous salad is full of fresh flavours of mint, lime, pomegranate and cherry tomatoes . This is the perfect kind of salad to carry for lunch, bring in to a potluck or a picnic.
This is my seventh salad in the #husbandkadabba series
For the salad
- 1/4 cup summer squash diced and sautéed lightly in olive oil with cracked black pepper
- Few slices of thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup squared red and green bell pepper
- A handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked Couscous (As per packet instructions)
- 4-5 halved cherry tomatoes
For the dressing: Honey Lemon & MintVinaigrette
Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust the salt to your taste and set aside until ready to use
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 2 tsp honey
- A pinch of cumin powder
- A pinch of paprika
- Salt to taste
To assemble all the prepped ingredients into the jar, first pour in the dressing and let it settle at the bottom of the jar.
Now layer the jar with sautéed summer squash, thinly sliced carrots, diced cucumber, red and yellow bellpeppers, followed by pomegranate, couscous and finally the cherry tomatoes.
Dig in to this salad at office and become the lunch envy…