So my Sunday evening ended with a request…Can I take salads for lunch? I am bored of the usual, said Mr. A..So this Monday morning I decided to give him a healthy quinoa salad for his dabba…
This is an easy to follow recipe you can add or subtract ingredients as per their availability in your refrigerator.
Quinoa and chicken in the salad make sure you get your proteins. Sweet potato and leafy lettuce make sure your salad it nutrient packed. If you are a vegetarian you can replace the chicken with red kidney beans
For the salad:
- 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa (as per packet instructions)
- 1/4 cup of boiled and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup of boiled sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup of boiled corn
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp plain hung curd
- A dash of hot sauce/ tabasco
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- A pinch of red paprika
- A pinch of cumin powder
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
To make the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients well and keep aside.
When you have all the ingredients ready you can now assemble the salad.
- Add the dressing to the bottom of the jar
- Top it up with the boiled sweet potatoes followed by the chicken
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and layer with the cooked quinoa and boiled corn
- Finish of the jar with lettuce and cilantro and a lime wedge on top
While serving, just shake the jar and take out the salad in a bowl and enjoy your lunch. I like to eat mine straight out of the jar.